Here Are 5 Causes Why Are Dental Implants So Expensive in Australia
Why Are Dental Implants So Expensive in Australia? Are dental implants a worthy option for your damaged teeth? You may have asked these questions to yourself many times. In this blog, we will discuss everything related to why dental implants are so expensive in Australia.
Before anything else, we want you to know the reasons behind the difference in the cost. Below are some causes that affect the cost of dental implants:
- Location: The price of dental implants usually varies from place to place. Dental Implant Methods in Adelaide are said to be cheaper than in Sydney due to the high standard of living in Sydney.
- Kind of implant: Dental implants may last for a few years and some are lifelong if you take proper care. Similar to other items, the price of dental implants also depends on their quality and design. Moreover, the implant’s longevity also affects its price.
- Dental Experience: In short, you are paying for the expertise. Dentists undergo several pieces of training to learn the latest techniques that help them to do dental implants more effectively, safely, and fastly. Moreover, further education and skill training involve additional costs that are reflected in fees.
- The complexity of the case: The more serious your case is, the more is the charge. If you need a simple tooth implant, it will cost less. But, if you want a sinus lift or a bone graft to get effective restoration, then be ready to pay high fees.
- Several sittings: If your case is too serious and involves more than one visit, then it will again affect the cost of dental implants.
Let’s understand with facts and figure out why are dental implants so expensive in Australia
It’s a common question that comes to the minds of most Australians “why are dental implants so expensive in Australia?” There can be several reasons behind the cost of implants. Moreover, one dental implant can cost equal to a full set of dentures.
Expertise and Precision
If you are suffering from Tooth Pain you must check What Helps With Tooth Pain? Unlike other tooth replacement choices, the dental implant process needs laser focus. A single mistake can make you suffer serious damage and pain. Therefore, only the best dentists work on this procedure. But, expertise and precision lead to more fees.
It Involves Time
Dental implants are never quick fixes. It involves time to heal and fit, sometimes it takes up to one year or more. Firstly you schedule an appointment for a dental inspection, then the dentist inserts a screw-like implant. After that, you go back and wait for your jawbone to integrate and adjust. It takes 3 to 6 months. Then, you re-visit the dentist to fix the crown. All the to and fro definitely increases bills.
Use of Costly Material
Why Are Dental Implants So Expensive in Australia? Titanium metal that is used in teeth implants is durable, safe, and very expensive. Since an inferior element can affect your teeth such as plastic. So, when you are opting for expensive implants, the fees will be higher.
Different types of dental implants
- Endosteal Implants
These types of dental implants form an opening in the jawbone. The opening is made at the lost tooth for replacement. As soon as the dentist puts the implant, let it integrate with the bone & then fix the crown.
- Subperiosteal Implants
Unlike endosteal ones, subperiosteal ones do not require deep cuts in the jawbones. Whereas, this type of implant can let you do settings on your gums or even bones.
Moreover, a subperiosteal implant is similar to the working of dentures. However, no adhesive & the method involves surgery & is permanent. In place of adhesive, the dentist uses a similar procedure as grafting. They just open a small cut on the gum & install the implant till it merges with the jawbones.
Both subperiosteal and endosteal implants are permanent options for teeth replacements. However, subperiosteal is more famous. This is because they fit so perfectly.
Why are dental implants the best teeth replacement option?
- Look: There is no tooth-replacement option better than dental implants. They just mix with your teeth and are perfectly white and seem original. Moreover, these implants are aesthetic and complement your overall dentition. With them on, you can smile big without thinking some of the teeth will look bad.
- Convenience: Dental implants are a more convenient option to go with. However, you may get some pains at the beginning, but later on, it will go with time. After that, dental implants are as natural and easy as your teeth. As well as they do not need any special oral care.
- Durable: Dental implants last for years and sometimes even till your last breath. This feature is the best benefit. Indeed, you must spend good money on dental implants as they will last long without any issues.
How much do dental implants cost in Australia?
No matter which state you are in, you can expect the same quote for dental implants in Australia. Please note-only a professional dentist can give you the exact price.
If you need a dental implant for one tooth only, the bill may cost you from $4000 and more. In case, you need to add on surgeries, for instance, bone grafting, then the cost can rise to $11,500. Whereas, in cases of many teeth replacements, a dental implant process can cost you up to $7500.
Should you pick dentures over dental implants? Here is what Berwick dental expert Dr. Rekha Singh says
Primarily, both options have separate requirements. Dentures are best for full teeth replacement. Additionally, they do not require bones; they can easily fit in your gums.
On the other hand, dental implants are the perfect fit for one or two teeth replacements. If you go with this, you have to consider your bone needs as well as the cost. Of course, dentures are more affordable than dental implants. In total, we will suggest you stick to dental implants. Their advantages outweigh the expense. Additionally, they are mostly one-time fixes!
Dr. Rekha is an experienced Dentist in Berwick VIC working at Woodleigh Waters Dental Surgery for more than 20+ years. In her experience at Woodleigh Waters Dental Surgery clinic at 137 Moondarra Drive Berwick VIC 3806 Australia, she has treated both types of patients. She says that patients should not look at the money in considering the treatment for their teeth, they should get the treatment as per their problem. Dental implants and Dentures both are good options.
What Are The Other Options?
Why are dental implants so expensive in Australia? Now you must have got some idea from the above points. You can find other options for dental implants as follows:
- Dental Bridges
A dental bridge is suggested when you have more than one lost tooth. It is supported by dental crowns on both sides of the missing teeth. The dental bridges are fixed inside your mouth, and they will not get loose or come out, allowing you to eat and sleep easily.
Dentures look natural, are comfortable & removable teeth replacement options. You can either go with full dentures or with partial dentures as per the need. There are also implant-supported dentures, it is for better bite function & stability.
- Resin-bonded Bridge
These are just like dental bridges that feel and function like natural teeth. The only difference is the tooth is attached to resin rather than with the help of adjacent teeth.
Flipper is a temporary, natural-looking denture that is fixed to the side of the lost tooth. It depends on the roof’s suction to the mouth’s palate & avoids the adjacent teeth from moving away. Also, it does not need any metal clasps & is easier to wear.
- Implant-supported Bridge
An implant-supported bridge is advised if the person has lost too many teeth. The lost teeth/tooth is supported by the side one that is held in position with implants. In addition, to increased functionality and oral care, these bridges also give a natural, beautiful look.
Conclusion: Why Are Dental Implants So Expensive in Australia
Answering this question why are dental implants so expensive in Australia? The benefits of dental implants are much more than their costs. When you are considering the time, expertise & quality, you will surely see the cost is a bargain. Furthermore, good health and a beautiful smile can never be too costly.